Here’s a quick easy dinner from allrecipes.com. I’m a girl with little time and less patience to cook elaborate, healthy meals. Allrecipes.com has been a great reference as I try to fill my recipe box.
Broccoli Garlic Angel Hair Pasta submitted by Chef John is my latest attempt!
1 1/2 lbs broccoli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (yowza!!)
3 cups chicken stock
Salt to taste
1 lb angel hair pasta (can use wheat pasta)
1/2 cup freshly shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1. Cut broccoli florets from stem and set aside into a bowl.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil with butter in a skillet over medium heat stirring often until garlic is soft but not brown.
3. Stir broccoli florets into skillet and cook broccoli sauce until florets are bright green and slightly tender. 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Boil angel hair until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large pot.
5. Pour broccoli sauce over pasta with juices over pasta, stir with a wooden spoon and mix in 1/2 cup cheese. Let stand for 2 minutes while pasta absorbs excess liquids.
6. Garnish with red pepper flakes and cheese and VOILA!!
The red pepper flakes give it a kick!!! You can easily add a protein (I added Publix garlic & herb roasted chicken), shrimp or scallops. And of course a big class of Chardonnay to boot! My go-to’s are Acacia Chardonnay and Edna Valley Chardonnay. Enjoy!