A friend recommended food52.com for excellent ideas in the kitchen. As I am one of those folks who has to follow a recipe to the letter, I was happy to find healthy and easy to make culinary delights…of which this is one. It’s an interesting take on an old favorite.
~4 fingerling potatoes, scrubbed clean
~3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
~freshly ground pepper
~1/3 cup olive oil
~3 cups Bibb lettuce, cleaned and dried in bite size pieces
~1cup leftover roast chicken ( you can make the chunks as delicate or rustic as you like).
~1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. After scrubbing clean, bring the potatoes to a boil in salted water. Cook until tender…about 15 minutes.
2. Pour red wine vinegar in a small bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Add the olive oil while constantly whisking to create vinaigrette.
3. Pull chicken apart, discarding skin.
4. Once the potatoes are tender, let cool and cut into rounds.
5. Warm sauté pan over medium heat and add 1/3 vinaigrette. Once hot, add chicken and potatoes. Stir with spatula until chicken and potatoes are slightly crispy.
6. Place chicken mixture over bibb lettuce, add remainder of vinaigrette and salt & pepper to taste.
I added strawberries because they are ripe to perfection and super nutritious. I cup of strawberries has 3 grams of fiber and is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C foods are great for your skin may help ward off wrinkles and age related dryness. WHY NOT!
Next on the list to try from food52.com are this gluten-free Corn, Spring Onion and Ricotta Tart, Spanish Roasted Potato Salad, and these uber decadent Wonder Fries (with a name like that…you can’t go wrong!!).
Happy Tuesday…getting one step closer to July 4th! I love a short work week! XOXO, Catherine